This week our adviser profile is PJ Patterson, a Silver adviser with 6 client reviews with an average client rating of 4.66 out of 5 Stars. PJ describes himself as a financial problem solver and is the CEO of Keystone financial in St Leonards, NSW.
- Best thing about being a financial adviser?
The relief I provide my clients when they see their problems have solutions and what they can do about it.
- One thing you would like to see improved or changed in the industry?
More non-aligned advisers.
- The areas on their finances or economy that worry your clients the most?
Having too much debt and whether they will have enough funds for retirement.
- What's the strangest question a client has ever asked you?
I have three kids so no question from my clients are ever strange.
- If you could get three things into consumers' heads about what advisers do or don't do what would they be?
a) We aren’t oracles who know what the future holds. We can certainly form an educated guess about what’s going to happen but we can’t be expected to be right all the time.
b) One of our main functions is to educate. Ask your adviser a lot of questions and be a seeker of information.
c) We need to be given all the information about your situation. Our job is to help you financially, if you don’t tell us everything we need to know it makes it really hard for us to help you.
- How do you describe your job at BBQs?
I help people sort out their 4 key assets: Property, Shares, Super and Business.