Our Adviser Profile this week is Michael Rees-Evans, a Platinum adviser with 12 reviews and an average customer rating of 96%. Michael is Director and Senior Financial Planner with Libertas Wealth Consulting, in Sydney.
1. Best thing about being a financial adviser?
Helping people make the most of what they have already by working with them to help achieve their unmet aspirations
2. One thing you would like to see improved or changed in the industry?
More client-friendly definition of independence; most prospects I speak to equate independence as having no control by or ties and links to a financial institution, rather than the way advice can be paid for.
3. The areas on their finances or economy that worry your clients the most?
Governments increasing taxes and changing the rules on super.
4. What's the strangest question a client has ever asked you?
"What has been the worst experience a client has had with you?"
5. If you could get three things into consumers' heads about what advisers do or don't do what would they be?
a) We are like financial GPs or Project Managers, helping you do what needs to be done in your financial lives to improve our personal lives;
b) We don’t just advise on investments;
c) We try to help you save yourselves from your yourselves, trying to act as your wise financial consciences for you.
6. How do you describe your job at BBQs?
Help clients understand where they are now, where they would like to get to and then plan and manage their financial lives with them to try and achieve their vision.