Our Adviser Profile this week is Kane Jiang, a Platinum Adviser with 21 reviews and an average client rating of 97%. Kane in an adviser at AA Financial Planning in Canning Vale in WA.
1. Best thing about being a financial adviser?
The understanding that we are continually helping clients make positive changes in their finances and their life in general.
2. One thing you would like to see improved or changed in the industry?
Media talking positively about financial advisers, not just showcasing just the bad apples.
3. The areas on their finances or economy that worry your clients the most?
Being in Western Australia, when the mining sector will pick up again, is what on everyone’s mind. It is affecting house prices and consumer confidence. There needs to be stronger message from the government to transform WA into another international hub for tourism, education, arts and finances like Sydney or Melbourne.
4. What's the strangest question a client has ever asked you?
“Can you give me $50,000 a year?
5. If you could get three things into consumers' heads about what advisers do or don't do what would they be?
a) We are not gods or magicians. We are your co-pilots (hopefully educated and ethical too).
b) We are also like your GP, but on your finance’s health. So have a regular check-ups for optimum results.
c) Professional advisers, like other professionals, charge professional fees. No financial adviser works for free, if they don’t get paid by you, someone else is paying them. So whose interest do you want him to work for?
6. How do you describe your job at BBQs?
I don’t work at BBQ, but if I was doing a Barbie at home, I don’t see it as a job. More of a life’s calling or meditation.
Same goes with my work at AA Financial Planning.