1. Best thing about being a financial adviser?
Meeting new people and helping them set and achieve goals.
2. One thing you would like to see improved or changed in the industry?
Our profession being treated with more respect for the service we provide rather than always being under the microscope because of the minority of bad advisers
3. The areas on their finances or economy that worry your clients the most?
Clients fear of not having enough money to retire on because they may have left it very late to commit money to their retirement
4. What's the strangest question a client has ever asked you?
“You mean I have to die to get anything out of this insurance policy”
5. If you could get three things into consumers' heads about what advisers do or don't do what would they be?
a) Consumers have to be willing to make a commitment to their future and stick to it when Advisers uncover their insurance shortfalls or retirement funding shortfalls.
b) Advisers don’t have all the answers to how their investments will perform.
c) Advisers don’t deliberately put them into what turn out to be poor quality investments .
6. How do you describe your job at BBQs?
I can help you set some financial goals....but come and see me at my office rather than chat about it now.