Ben is one of our gold rated advisers with an adviser rating of 83% and an almost flawless customer rating of 99% from 9 customer reviews. Ben works at Pivot Wealth in Sydney.
- Practitioner member of the Association of Financial Advisers
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
- Masters in Financial Planning
- Masters of Business Law (Taxation)
Best thing about being a financial adviser?
For me by far the best part of being a Financial Adviser is seeing the difference you can make to my clients. By ensuring their financial affairs and strategy are structured in the most effective way, you can help someone get ahead financially and become more confident about their finances.
One thing you would like to see improved or changed in the industry?
More press for the good news stories. The media often focus on the negatives, but there are so many Australians that have had their lives changed in a significant and meaningful way as a result of taking up high quality advice. I think if these stories were more common it would encourage more Aussies to seek quality advice and in turn raise the standard of living for everyone.
The areas on their finances or economy that worry your clients the most?
For our clients their primary concern is finding a balance between their lifestyle now and building wealth to support their financial future. This is the area we really focus on in our advice to give clients confidence in the outcomes they will achieve in the future.
What's the strangest question a client has ever asked you?
The strangest and also the best question I have been asked by a client was if I would attend their wedding. It was a great night and I find it massively rewarding to be able to build these sort of relationships with my clients.
If you could get three things into consumers' heads about what advisers do or don't do what would they be?
1. The primary job of a financial adviser is to ensure their clients make the right financial decisions at every step of their wealth accumulation journey.
2. We help educate clients about their financial options, and not only recommend strategies but teach over time why these are the best options they can take.
3. It is not the job of an adviser to only facilitate the procurement of products!
How do you describe your job at BBQs?
I describe myself as a wealth coach that keeps people accountable to their own goals. We find that when someone has an adviser they are less likely to make financial decisions that are out of alignment with their future financial goals and objectives.