What a first couple of weeks for Adviser Ratings and we want to thank you for the support you’ve shown for this initiative. The service has been well received and we welcome the questions and comments especially from those who sit on the fence or even throw stones. Consumers want transparency and trust and to help deliver those values we have to live them too.
It’s been great to see support from both advisers and consumers - with thousands either registered as an adviser, customers who have reviewed their adviser or those who have signed up to support change, welcome to the inaugural newsletter, the Adviser Insider.
The name is apt given, as stated on the website, our aim is to help increase transparency on the financial advice profession and help consumers pick through the myriad of dis- and misunderstood information out there.
We want to get inside the profession and help make sense of it for you – there is a real need for financial advice in Australia and we want consumers to feel as though they can place their trust in the right hands of the financial advice profession.
We’ll do our best to keep this newsletter informative, interesting and relevant and we’ll need your help with ideas, contributions, bouquets and even brickbats. A technology and values driven service like this is constantly working to make itself better, stronger, fairer, clearer and more relevant to consumers and planners. We also intend to try and have some fun along the way.
We’ll also be adding a lot more features and services to the website over coming months to help both consumers and advisers. Financial Advice is a serious business going through some difficult times but we believe the interests of consumers and the profession can be more closely aligned.
Finally, a shout out to our first Platinum Advisers
1) Julian Battistella, Malvern, VIC of Battistella Financial Services Pty Ltd
2) Corin Jacka, Ringwood North, VIC of Corin Jacka Financial Solutions Pty Ltd
3) Matthew Ross, Hawthorn, VIC of Roskow Independent Advisory
4) Henry During, Blackburn, VIC of Hanmoore Financial Solutions
5) Scott Haywood, Richmond, VIC of Haywood Financial Management & Partners
6) Neil Salkow, Stones Corner, QLD of Roskow Independent Advisory
7) Ben Smythe, Brookvale, NSW of Smythe Financial Management