Phil has worked in financial services since 1982.
His experience includes:
- Over 10 years with the Commonwealth Bank’s advice and licensing businesses;
- Over 10 years as national head of financial advice for People’s Choice Credit Union;
- Senior Manager with SuperSA; Assistant Commissioner with RevenueSA; various roles with AMP in South Australia and Victoria.
Phil began Bluewood Advice in 2021 with the aim of providing prudent, sensible and understandable advice to retirees and pre-retirees around income and asset management, for a relaxed and enjoyable retirement.
Our service is designed to assist retirees or pre-retirees who expect to only receive a part-Age Pension or are fully self-funded. We break our process down into key steps, giving you the opportunity at each stage to either continue with our advice and service, or take a do-it-yourself approach.
1. Initial scoping: At our first meeting we seek to understand your goals and plans and how we may be able to help. We provide you with a short summary of the meeting and a broad outline of possible strategies. This is not personal financial advice – just a high-level outline of options. There is no charge for this step.
2. Financial Plan: If you engage us, we then develop that summary into a comprehensive financial plan and present it you. There is a pre-agreed, fixed financial plan fee, depending on complexity. The financial plan fee is waived if you further engage us for implementation.
3. Implementation: If you engage us, we will fully implement your financial plan. There is a pre-agreed, fixed implementation fee, depending on complexity.
4. Ongoing oversight and regular review: The best client outcomes are achieved when we can constantly oversee your plan and regularly review it. There will be changes in your circumstances, legislation, market conditions and product features. Oversight allows us to adapt your plan for those inevitable changes. It also means you can deal with us, as opposed to a product call centre or, where applicable, with Centrelink. A pre-agreed, fixed monthly fee applies for ongoing service (there is no lock-in contract).
- Adviser status Gold
- First year providing advice 2018
- Years of experience 6
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning
Bluewood Financial AdviceProfessional Suites, The Grove Shopping Centre, The Golden Way
Golden Grove, SA 5125
- 9:00am – 3:00pm Monday – Friday
- In person
- Video call
Matrix Planning Solutions Ltd